Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday's WWW.....(Working With Wood)





This morning I decided to use up a piece of board that I had left over from another project and turn it into a peg board for my bathroom. The board is painted black, sanded, and then stained. I added five square nails to it, making it handy for hanging either prims or a bathrobe.


Here is the before and after photo of a two-drawer wall cabinet that I refinished today. I bought it at Goodwill for $4.99 which is more than I would normally spend on a thrift shop makeover project, but I couldn't pass it up. I sanded, painted and primmed it up with a dark walnut stain. I think it will look nice just sitting on the back of the toilet. It matches the peg board shown above and it's drawers can be used for storage of cosmetics or other toiletry items.


BEFORE




AFTER




3 comments:

Janene said...

Patti~
That black drawer piece looks amazing!
I'm with you about spending so much on a thrift store piece...I try not to spend over $5 on any one piece...unless I just have to have it because it is calling my name!! LOL
You got yourself a great deal and did a great job making it over!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Patti,

Nice job these turned out great and think of all the money you saved.

Carey

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Nice finding... Great job !