Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's spring.....almost time to start planting

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I've been spending any free time I have working on refinishing my kitchen table and chairs.

I'll be working on my table again this morning, but in between coats of paint and adding the final coats of poly, I'll be working on these other projects as well - more thrift store finds that I will be refinishing. I didn't get a before picture of the wall shelf, but it was painted with a white gloss paint. I plan to hang this in my guest bath when finished. The other item is a spice rack which I will be primming up also. I've been looking for some vintage spice jars to add to it when done. I saw some on eBay but I think I'll check out Goodwill first.

Bathroom wall shelf



Spice Rack

I keep talking about my table. Maybe I should show a before picture. As you see from the picture the finish looked horrible. After sanding down to the bare wood I stained the top and I still am not very happy with the results. It looks too blotchy with areas that did not accept the stain. I painted the table legs in black, so I will probably just repaint the entire table top in black also to match the legs. Then I will be repainting my six chairs and reupholstering the seats. I'm still looking for a fabric to use for the seats.

Check back later to see the results.

BEFORE


In the meantime, I found some time to make a primitive doll that fits in perfectly with the title of this posting........almost time to start planting. This 20" doll is ready to go out in the garden to start planting her seeds. I just listed her on etsy.

1 comment:

Janene said...

Oh I can't wait to see what your plans are for your table!
I am on pins and needles just waiting!
I'll be checking back later!